Sunday, June 15, 2008

First Homestay Day

I’m not going to type the whole day like a story for this post. It’s too long. Bah. I’m lazy—and I have work to do like study Japanese. I wake up really early and eat breakfast (with proper Japanese etiquette). (Aside: I figure out my host mom was REALLY nervous of me on the first and second day of my stay, but now she’s not anymore). Yukiko (my mom), Bunta, Natsuko and I go for a walk to Miyako High School so that I familiarize myself with the place while having a light discussion on the way.

Next, we go travel around Miyakojima and Kurimajima for some sights of the beach. Wonderful island (except for the humidity).

In Kurimajima :) The bridge connects back to Miyakojima


The lighthouse where I took a stroll with Yukiko and Natsuko. I drank sugar cane on the way back





That's where we are on the map. Find 宮古島 (Miyakojima if you can't see the characters). (:


Yum yum!


We went to the market ;)

Find out why on the next paragraph

Today my family was throwing a sushi party for me on my arrival. The rest of the family in Miyakojima comes over and so does Shimoji-sensei. I ask my family how to properly eat and they show me how while snapping some screenshots. We have a long talk and prepare for school tomorrow. (Yes I brushed my teeth and everything this time)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol i liked those plates that those kids used with the animal faces. i forgot what those were called. :]
but yum sushi :]