Friday, May 16, 2008

More Program Dates

Today on a hot 102°F day at my house, I returned home from school by bus and found tons of mail upon opening my front door. I sorted through them, and had a gut feeling there's something for me since there were so many large envelopes (voting-by-mail) until the standard-sized YFU letter caught my eye. I then brought all the mail to our dining table and opened my letter, where I found program dates and a confusing paragraph on where my orientation will take place.

The following dates are the basic dates provided by YFU:

June 8 - Fly from San Jose to San Francisco for pre-departure orientation
June 11 - Fly to Tokyo to begin program (then to Okinawa on later flight)
July 24 - Return from Tokyo to San Jose

Then they said after arriving at the airport, I will be assisted by staff to go to the orientation site in San Jose. (Huh?? I take a 5 hour flight from SJC to SFO [because of the connecting flight in LA or Houston] then go back to San Jose?) Took me 15 minutes to understand that, and I felt stupid for not reading the following paragraph explaining to me that if I lived in SF/SJ Bay Area, then I would have to take my own ride to San Jose State University (SJSU). Now that makes sense, otherwise, I would've wasted 5 hours on a silly flight. :) The orientation will last 3 days (where I HOPE to meet my cousin, Leslie, attending school there) before going back to SFO Intl. Airport for my departure to Tokyo.

I guess that's about it; I should get started on packing and what I need to bring while waiting for my air ticket to be mailed and to confirm I have the required travel documents to travel. Oh, I am also waiting for a confirmation letter securing my flight on June 11 to Tokyo.


Tomorrow's the big day to SFO for a non-country specific orientation for YFU students, I'll be skipping my practice SAT test exam and church school ;)

No comments: