Wednesday, May 14, 2008

AP Testing is over!

First, the school life...

Yes, I've finished my AP Biology testing. Very hard multiple choice questions, but essay was a bit of a breeze. It's just the SAT II Subject Test: Biology Exam in the way now, with a few homework, quizes and tests from other teachers until the end of the school year.

Right now, I'm waiting for my AP teachers next year to hand me their textbooks and give me their summer assignments because I won't be available over the summer to collect my textbook and my summer homework, so I'm getting it early. However, my AP Biology class is still doing a reading assignment on a book (cadavers; how scary :O) while I'm away, therefore I once again have to buy another book and read it over on the plane or in Japan. I hope my host family doesn't think I'm a strange person for reading such a book ;)

YFU Program Update

Nothing new now, I'm still anxiously waiting for the San Francisco Orientation on May 17 (this Saturday). I'll be proudly wearing my acceptance shirt (sorry! I just need some pride after getting beat down by exams, tests and all the other grade-threatening paperwork) on the day of the orientation!

I hope I meet some people I've met on the Cultures Shocked Forum that live in the Bay Area. According to some posts, I'll be expecting my departure ticket to SFO (KSFO) from SJC (KSJC) [why fly when you can drive there, oh well, scholarship will pay for that], then from KSFO to RJAA (Narita International Airport). We'll be staying in a hotel in Tokyo for a day then begin to pack up to go to our individual cities in Japan. I'll also be expecting to know who my host family will be a week prior to my departure, and that's almost in 23(ish) days, I believe.

No comments: